Estimated shipping time 90 days
NexDome is the next-generation observatory that was designed with paying attention to problems and shortcomings of similar class observatories.
To name a few:
- the overall price due to shipping cost,
- the cost of accessories to overcome faulty design or make.
We achieved our main goal which was a well-priced, strong, inexpensive to ship, easily assembled, and professional-looking observatory by developing a modular design which addresses all our criteria. Also, the other main advantage of this patented design is after-sale support. The biggest support problem common observatories are the lack of possibility of returning the defective dome or walls hence the cost of shipping back can be more than the cost of the observatory itself and meanwhile, you don’t have any protection for your telescope and expensive gears. With NexDome IF you manage to break a part or section, we will send you only that part without any hassle and you still have your observatory running. No repair!
The NexDome 2.2m. – 8′ Complete Observatory can be expanded by adding bays, up to 6, modular, lightweight, and easy to install. You can include them when placing your Observatory order or add it later.
• Nexdome’s unique dome wheels are installed at two different angles. An upright set of wheels bears the weight of the dome and provides for rotation, while the second set of wheels keeps the dome from shifting, resulting in smoother rotation. The second set of wheels, in conjunction with the dome’s angle lip, provides critical protection from the uplift in high winds.
• NexDome is a classic observatory dome with more than 100 degrees of shutter opening, allowing you to point your telescope to the zenith while the remaining shielded from stray light and wind.
• The 2.2 meter inside diameter provides plenty of space to operate up to a 14” Schmidt Cass or a refractor 1400mm long.
• Nexdome’s higher walls make entry easier and provide more room for longer telescope tubes compared to conventional domes.
• Shipping costs are reduced due to the nesting of parts, and thus smaller shipping packages.
• The NexDome’s lightweight makes motorizing the dome easier.
• Structure and enclosure materials are combined, resulting in fewer parts.
The published price does not include transportation or installation. To know the final price of the shipping, you can place an order simulation including the complete data of the shipping address and the webshop will calculate the price.