Estimated shipping time 5 days
Seletek LIMPET, the smallest and most recent Seletek! ASCOM, INDIGO and INDILib compliant!
With a small 12V battery and the wifi interface, no cables coming out of the telescope!
- new focuser controller from:
- any astronomy program (ASCOM and INDILib drivers available)
- your smartphone
- your computer’s web browser
- can alternatively control a camera rotator (with our Windows software and ASCOM)
- very small enclosure
- central hole to easily attach the Limpet to the telescope using a single screw
- Wifi and USB connection
- Very low power requirements (30mA idle connected to wifi, 530mA focusing with our standard motor)
- With improved WIFI signal, no wifi antenna is needed! – New version from Feb/2022
- Optional external temperature sensor
- all the time-proven Seletek Armadillo and Platypus software will work with it. Just one device at any time.
- Including a screw locking 2.1x 5.5mm jack for safe attachment of power cable
- 5.5 / 2.1mm standard jack, center positive, 12V dc (13.8V, as supplied by some batteries, is valid)
- ASCOM, INDIGO and INDILib enabled
- focus from your smartphone via web interface (NEW!)
Why is an external controller like the Armadillo, Platypus, Tarsier or Limpet better than an “all in one” (focuser with embedded motor and cables)?
|With the Limpet you can:
||The focuser, rotator and filter wheel software are ASCOM compliant.|
|And Linux / INDIlib driver for the focuser!|
|And, also INDIGO driver for the focuser!|
- Focuser controller
- Outputs: 4 power digital outputs (up to 1.5A) – thermal auto-shutdown of the drivers in case of overheating
- Inputs: 3 analogical-digital inputs (1 for the temperature external sensor, 2 protected with resettable fuses)
- PC connection via USB and Wifi
- Size: 70 * 70 * 26 mm
- Weight: <85 gr.
- External power supply 12V dc (13.8V, as supplied by some batteries, is valid)
- The software supports any current Windows version (XP, Vista, 7, 10, 32bit, 64bit)
- ASCOM compliant software (focuser & rotator)
- INDIlib focuser driver
- Will work with FocusMax, MaximDL, CCDCommander, ACP, CCD AutoPilot, SGPro, Voyager, APT… and any ASCOM aware astronomy software
The Limpet includes the power supply cable, with screwed-on terminal, and a tripod thread screw.
- external de temperature sensor
- external WIFI antenna (only needed if the wifi signal is weak -if the wifi access point is in the observatory it won’t be necessary- and ONLY for units until SN L-10105 ).
- power supply cable for car lighter plug
- 12V DC – 4A Power supply
- USB cable
You can purchase just the Limpet controller (this item) for your existing motorized focuser, or the complete set Seletek Limpet KIT, which includes:
- LIMPET controller
- Stepper motor
- Customized coupling plate for your focuser (1) (several models) and
- Stepper motor connection cable
(1) Select your focuser model focuser according to the images shown here
Some example screens:
- Quickstart guide
- Seletek online help here (User manual)
- Read me First
- More info about the Seletek system (Armadillo / Platypus / Limpet)
- Focusers with custom Lunatico plate & cylinder
- Assembling Instructions of customized Seletek plates & cylinders