QHY 5III cameras, the best in their category!
Compare QHY178 and ASI178 amp glow.
The QHY 5III178 camera has the highest resolution in the new QHY5III series CMOS USB3.0 cameras. The sensor has 2.4um small pixel size and 1/1.8inch bigger sensor size which can be used to get high precision guiding data and keep a good FOV to get many guide stars. The camera is designed to be a wide FOV autoguider, high-resolution planetary camera and entry level deep-sky camera. It has both a mono version and a color version.
For deep-sky imaging, QHY5III178 has the anti-amp glow control function and it can reduce the amplifier glow significantly.
QHY5III178 sensor is the sony’s StarVis BSI image sensor. STARVIS is a trademark of Sony Corporation. The STARVIS is back-illuminated pixel technology used in CMOS image sensors for high sensitivity applications. It features a sensitivity of 2000 mV or more per 1 µm^2 (color product, when imaging with a 706 cd/m2 light source, F5.6 in 1 s accumulation equivalent), and realizes high picture quality in the visible-light and near-infrared light regions.
The unique QHYCCD design keeps the 1.25inch eyepiece design. The advantage of this design is a more efficient transfer of heat to the outer case enabling lower noise, especially in high ambient temperatures. The 1.25-inch design also offers the shortest possible back focus, making the camera ideal for Off-Axis guiding. In addition, the QHY5III178 uses the LEMO style connector for the guide port. These connectors are known for being both rugged and reliable connectors.
|QHY5III178M Jupiter RGB and CH4-IR-UV image of Jupiter by Andrea Blackwolf Maniero||QHY5III178M dual-wavelength imaging of Jupiter by Andrea Blackwolf Maniero|
- CMOS Sensor: Sony IMX178 Exmor CMOS sensor (Mono/Color)
- Image Size: Typical 1/1.8inch
- Effective Pixels: 3072*2048 6mega pixels
- Effective Area: 7.37mm*4.91mm
- Pixel Size: 2.4um*2.4um
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- FullWell: TBD
- Peak QE: TBD
- System Gain: 0.46e-/ADU@Gain0
- Anti-amplight Control: Yes (Reduce the amplight significantly)
- Shutter: Rolling Shutter
- Max Frame Rate (8BIT): (*)
- 50FPS @full resolution
- ADC Sample Depth: 10/14bit, Output 8bit/14bit
- Exposure Time: 9us-1200sec
- Pixel Binning: 1×1 2×2
- MicroLens: Yes, on-chip microlens array
- Guide Port: Yes, 5PIN Lemo aviation socket
- Back Focal: Approx. 11mm
- Camera Size: 1.25inch Eyepiece Size (D=31.6mm)
- Optic Window: AR+AR(Mono camera) AR+IR cut 680nm (Color)
- Support Software: ASCOM, SharpCAP
(*) As long as the computer supports it.
|The Sun and The Moon, images courtesy of Josep Soldevilla
The Moon by Luc Cathala Mazan. More details on the image.
Included in standard package:
- QHY5III178 camera.
- Confocal ring.
- 1.5 meter USB3.0 cable.
- 1.5 meter 5pin Lemo to RJ11 guide cable.