QHY 5III cameras, the best in their category!
Compare QHY178 and ASI178 amp glow.
|QHY 5III174 is the first in the new QHY5III series CMOS USB3.0 cameras. The camera is designed to be an excellent Planetary, Lunar, and Solar and meteor capture video camera. With a 50mmF1.4 C-mount lens it gets star up to mag 8 to mag 9 at 30FPS(33ms exposure) live video recording. This high sensitivity with HD resolution will push the video astronomy to a new height.
Sony introduced a new global shutter (GS) CMOS imaging technology called PregiusTM that redefines the GS CMOS imaging category and provides the best of both worlds with fast frame rate and CCD-like imaging performance. The technology offers lower dark noise, which enables higher gains without compromising image quality, as well as higher quantum efficiency.
The global shutter eliminates pixelization when imaging the Planets and Moon caused by atmospheric agitation and high frame rates.
The unique QHYCCD design keeps the 1.25inch eyepiece design. The advantage of this design is a more efficient transfer of heat to the outer case enabling lower noise, especially in high ambient temperatures. The 1.25-inch design also offers the shortest possible back focus, making the camera ideal for Off-Axis guiding. In addition, the QHY5III174 uses the LEMO style connector for the guide port. These connectors are known for being both rugged and reliable connectors.
QHY5III174 has both mono and color versions. The camera is well suited for solar imaging using short focal length telescopes that will capture a full solar disk within the FOV.
M51 by QHY5III174M Tester Alberic De Bonnevie 5005 x 2 sec + 2915 x 2.5 sec with 400mm Newton
M100 by QHY5III174M Tester Alberic De Bonnevie. M100 : 3350 x 3 sec exposures + darks.16″ F/D 4.5 Newtonian
QHY 5III174 Specifications:
- CMOS Sensor: Sony IMX174 Exmor CMOS sensor (Mono/Color)
- Imager Size: Typical 1/1.2inch
- Effective Pixels: 1936*1216 2.35mega pixels
- Effective Area: 11.34mm*7.13mm
- Pixel Size: 5.86um*5.86um
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- FullWell: >32 Ke
- Peak QE: 78% (Monochrome)
- Readout Noise: 5.3e@Gain0 2.8e@Gain60 1.6e@Gain100
- System Gain: 0.46e-/ADU@Gain0
- Anti-amplight Control: Yes (Reduce the amplight significantly)
- Shutter: Global Shutter
- Max Frame Rate (8BIT):
- 138FPS @ 1936*1216
- ADC Sample Depth: 10/12bit, Output 8bit/12bit
- Exposure Time: 5us-900sec
- Pixel Binning: 1×1 2×2
- MicroLens: Yes, on chip micro lens array
- Guide Port: Yes, 5PIN Lemo aviation socket
- Back Focal: Approx. 11mm
- Camera Size: 1.25inch Eyepiece Size (D=31.6mm)
- Optic Window: AR+AR(Mono camera) AR+IR cut 680nm (Color)
- Support Software: ASCOM, SharpCAP
(*)As long as the computer supports it.
Included in standard package:
- QHY5III174 camera.
- Confocal ring.
- 1.5meter USB3.0 cable.
- 1.5meter 5pin Lemo to RJ11 guide cable.