Our filter set specially designed for astrophotography with CCD cameras. These filters provide a natural color reproduction of planets, stars, emission- and reflection nebulas.
The transmission properties of the L-RGB Typ 2c filters are optimized for CCD astrophotography. The set allows to take images in the correct color for all types of objects. Where other brands make strange compromises, we do the best color reproduction possible. Both stars as well as objects that emit only in spectral lines are reproduced in their true colors. You get CCD images with perfect colors as if the objects were bright enough to be seen with photopic vision. This feature is the main difference between Astronomik filters an those of other manufacturers.
The following aspects have been most important for the design of Astronomical filter set:
- – simple image processing for the user
- – highest transmission (nearly 100%) for short exposure times
- – adjusted transmissions of the individual filters for optimal color reproduction
- – the use of industry standards
Astronomik doesn’t stop thinking at the step of taking the picture. More important a tool should be given to the astrophotographers that offer a simple and elegant editing process. To maintain the color, we calculated Astronomical filter set for the sRGB color space, which is used as an industry standard from most manufacturers of monitors, printers, and imaging software. As a user, you do not need to spend time learning about colorimetry and color spaces. We have solved the special problems of astrophotography for you.
Due to the high-precision machining of the carrier substrate, Astronomical filters are parfocal with wedge errors below all usual margins. In order not to be the bottleneck in a high-quality optical system Astronomik filters are of course diffraction limited. Issues concerning focal distances as well as the exact location of the images of each color image are not a problem at all!
The L-RGB filter set divides the spectrum into its components red, green, blue, and luminance. Thus color separation can be achieved with pure b/w CCD sensors. The separation corresponds to the color sensitivity of the human eye according to DIN 5032. By using the sRGB color space it is possible to maintain the color of the image throughout the entire image processing and output. With an Astronomik L-RGB filter set and your camera, you create ideal raw material for image processing in the sRGB color space.
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches, and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long-lasting, filter box
- Since 2008 we do ship filters with a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past
Available in other sizes and formats. If you do not find the size you want, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.