Baader U-Filter (Venus and UV) 1¼” and 2″
Baader U-Filter with a Transmission peak approx 80% at CWL 350nm, bandwidth 60nm (320-380nm), with complete blocking of the spectral range from 200nm to 1120nm. Dielectric multi-coated coating on optically polished Schott glass UG-11. Enables shooting in the deep UV spectral region; a wavelength range that was previously inaccessible for amateur astronomers. The Solar Calcium K-Line also is within the passband of this filter.
The Baader U-Filter was created for imaging Venus with a webcam, CCD and CMOS cameras. Using the filter for visual observations is impossible due to the eye’s insensitivity to this spectral range (UV).
|Venus Sickle – 2/3 closed, a rare photo © M. Rietze.||Venus Recording © W. Paech.|
Requirements for Successful use of this Filter
- UV sensitive imaging camera such as the SKYRIS 274M with at least a telescope of 5″ diameter. A telescope with 8″ diameter is recommended.
- Single Shot CCD is not suitable for use with the U-Filter.
- Transmission peak approx. 80% at 350nm, bandwidth 60nm (320-380nm), completely blocking the entire spectral range from 200nm to 1120nm.
- Dielectric multi-coating on optically polished Schott Glass.
- Enables imaging in the deep UV spectral region. A “breakthrough” for imaging the planet Venus! Allows amateur astronomers to capture cloud structures of the Venusian atmosphere.
- Successful astro-application of this filter requires a suitable UV-sensitive lucky imaging camera module (i.e. SKYRIS 274M) with at least a telescope of 5″ diameter (a telescope with an 8″ diameter is recommended).
- Non-astronomical applications possible: e.g. check for paint damage on cars or state of health of plants and much more.
|FILTER SIZE||1 25 inch||2 inch|
|MANUFACTURER||Baader Planetarium||Baader Planetarium|
|FILTER THICKNESS (WITHOUT CELL)||2 mm||2 mm|
|CWL (CENTRAL WAVELENGTH)||350 nm||350 nm|
|AR-COATING||dielectrically coated, planeoptically polished||dielectrically coated, planeoptically polished|
|FILTER USAGE||Specialty, UV-Pass||Specialty, UV-Pass|
|FILTER MOUNTED||Mounted (LPFC 6mm)||Mounted (LPFC 6mm)|
|TYPE OF FILTER||Narrowband||Narrowband|
|SINGLE OR SET?||Single Filter||Single Filter|
If you any doubt, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.