Baader Single Polarizing Filter
To screw into 1¼ or 2″ eyepieces/threads. Useful in Lunar and Solar observations to limit brightness and increasing contrast.
The filter can also be used with a Baader Hershel Wedge to provide an adjustable brightness. Positioned between the Baader Hershel Wedge and Eyepiece the filter/eyepiece combination can then be rotated to adjust brightness.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OBSERVING THE SUN
Polarizer and neutral density filters need additional filtering (for example, Herschel Prism or Astro Solar Safety Film) before the eyepiece of the telescope for observations of the sun. Using without the appropriate filters can cause damage to these filters and eyesight.
- Baader 1.25″ Polarizing Filter (1 piece)
- For stepless brightness-control in combination with another single polarizing filter or a Herschel WedgePerfect for observing moon or planets, or for solar observations with AstroSolar Safety Film ND 5.0. You can change the brightness if you rotate two single polarizing filters against each other, to adjust the brightness according to your magnification. You can e.g. mount one 1,25″ filter in the eyepiece and a 2″ filter in the reducer piece from 2″ to 1.25
- For solar observation in behind a Baader Herschel Wedge. The Herschel wedge already polarizes the light, so that one single polarizing filter is sufficient.
- Please note: Polarizing filters (and all other eyepiece filters) may never be used without an appropriate solar filter (Astrosolar front filter, Herschel Wedge).
- Enhances contrast during planetary observation.
- You need two polarizing filters to adjust the brightness. Alternatively, you can also use the double polarizing filter #2408340 (1,25″) or #2408344 (2″), where two filters can be rotated in the filter cell. Polarizing filters offer the highest flexibility; if you are looking for superior image quality, you should use regular Neutral Density Filter, where there are fewer glass surfaces in the light path.
|FILTER SIZE||1 25 inch||2 inch|
|MANUFACTURER||Baader Planetarium||Baader Planetarium|
|TRANSMISSION RANGE||Full Spectrum||Full Spectrum|
|FILTER THICKNESS (WITHOUT CELL)||2 mm||2 mm|
|AR-COATING||Phantom Coating® Group, planeoptically polished||Phantom Coating® Group, planeoptically polished|
|FILTER USAGE||Lunar, Planetary, Solar, Specialty||Lunar, Planetary, Solar, Specialty|
|FILTER MOUNTED||Mounted (LPFC 6mm)||Mounted (LPFC 6mm)|
|TYPE OF FILTER||Neutral Density, Polarizing||Neutral Density, Polarizing|
|SINGLE OR SET?||Single Filter||Single Filter|
If you any doubt, contact us at email@example.com.